Monday, January 5, 2009

Year-in-Review

Can you believe a whole year has gone by? It feels like just yesterday I purchased my Manduka high performance yoga mat half-off from Target (only to be untouched for 11 months...). Now, 2009 has snuck out of nowhere and I'm confronted with the inevitable resolutionatory question. I find that New Years is front-loaded with arbitrary expectations that tend to disappoint. How many times can one person swear the oath of exercise?

However, I had a good time last year. I met a few friends, had a drink or two, and avoided waking up in a stranger's bedroom. That's grounds for celebration! In fact, I'm banking on a similar finale this year...

On another note, I'm über excited to take down my Christmas decorations. In all actuality, I tend to think of my roommates as yuletide bulimics. They tend to go inappropriately overboard on the paper snowflakes, ornaments, etc. In fact, I've purposely avoided the front room in fear of becoming momentarily blind. Yes. It's true.

Okay, resolutions: Last year, I made a resolution to purchase a 3-piece suit for the obligatory job interview. However, the closest I came to a suit was a $10 jumper from Buffalo Exchange. Does that count? I did, though, make good on a few other resolutions. Screenplay. Check. Website. Check. Read two books a month. 1/2 check. Treat myself more. Double check.

My 2008: Expensive.

This year, I resolve to fix any mistakes I made last year, try my hand at that contraption called a stove, and find a boy (easier said...). I will write more. And I'm gonna shoot for the friggin' stars if it kills me (John Glenn, watch out!).

And this, my friends, was random babbling from yours truly. Hey, I had to start off the year somehow....

No comments: