Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Comment vas-tu?

There's something about the French language that's so hypnotizing.  In fact, there's something about most foreign languages that pulls me in -- like a literary magnet, allowing me to observe a completely different culture.  I've deigned to create a short film that's completely foreign to me (both literally and metaphorically).   Why I've chosen to do this, I have no idea.  However, the more I dive into this project, the more captivating the story becomes.  

Human language is a tricky thing.  Two people who don't necessarily share the same language can have a completely intimate interaction.  A connection that's not formed through dialogue, but a human connection.  That's beautiful to me.  The words are important, yes.  But what's really relevant is the relationship --  real and fascinating.  

Je n'oublierai jamais les choses qui m'ont fait sourire autrefois.

No comments: