Friday, December 14, 2007

My First Time

No, nothing like that. I'm talking about my first blog. Actually, I lie, this isn't my first time. I had a brief encounter with livejournal once, but it treated me badly. In fact, I needed to see a grief counselor because of its constant emotional abuse. Needless to say, I got out of it all okay. Now, I'm here. With all that is happening, it seemed only necessary to have an outlet to communicate all my emotional distress - which is exactly why I called it Montezuma's Revenge....expect a lot of verbal diarrhea.

On the way to work, a homeless man on Sepulveda and Santa Monica (I call him Santa Monica Sam), paced up and down the sidewalk with, what looked like, sincere trepidation. On any other Friday, he usually holds out his sign that reads "my father was murdered by ninjas - need money for karate lessons". But today was slightly different. Instead, the sign was on the ground, and he anxiously huffed across the street - didn't even look back. Early retirement perhaps?

On another note, me and Nutcracker Jack just wants to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. May your eggnog be spiked with extra rum. I think I'll retire to the kitchen and whip me up some of my mom's famous, store-bought pot pies. And for dessert, I think I have some old marshmellow peeps somewhere. Then again, they might be from last year.....eh, that's never stopped me before. PEACE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am I being "single-white female"-d here? first you want business cards like me, then a website like mine, and now a blog like mine... next thing you know, you're getting eye surgery to make you look asian. (shaking my head)