Saturday, December 15, 2007

One Stop Shop

Can someone explain to me the rationality behind crazy Holiday shoppers?  I mean, today's Target-attending, sales-seeking Christmas shoppers have some sort of 'no guts no glory' judgement in the parking lot.  Take for instance today.  As I was about to pull into a parking spot in the garage of the Ventura Target, some extremely vicious soccer mom wearing a velour tracksuit nearly smashes into me with her Volkswagen Sharan Mini-Van.  Naturally, I thought it was a hate crime.  Instead, I encountered a never 
ending trend of Holiday-shopping bitches. You know, the type of people whose sights are set out for the  Translucent Totable Book Lights  or the  Jackie's Talking Comedy Calculator  - gifts nobody ever wants but gets solely on the basis of frugal discounts.  Ugh, who came up with the word 'frugal' anyways?  Sounds like a Muppet.  Look, I'm not discriminating against people seeking discounts.  Hell, I just purchased a 'Nobody Puts Baby In the Corner' halter top because it cost a mere $4.50.  But there has to be a balance between cost-cutting and cutting for costs.  Now if you'll excuse me, I have a car to key.

No comments: