Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"Hillavita"

Within the past few weeks, I've noticed a very suspicious coincidence that has been looming in this presidential primary race. And no, I'm not referring to McCain's wife's botched botox. I'm speaking of the uncanny similarities between Hillary Clinton and Eva Perón. Make no mistake, I'm a humongo fan of B-Rack too, but I can't help but notice that Hillz' tough leadership skills mirrors that of Evita!

Item #1: The appearance. Are you telling me, that the golden locks and pale skin is a mere coincidence? I think not. Their likeness - everything from their stern body movement to their articulate speeches - is strong evidence suggesting that a true leader exists.

Item #2: The husband. Long before Bill, Juan Perón was a political figure in Argentina (please refrain from busting out the Evita soundtrack: "What's new, Buenos Aires?"). Like Hillary, Eva was a prominent figure in her husband's campaign. And although Bill had his sexual-escapading flaws, Juan wasn't necessarily portrayed as a saint - he was unjustly imprisoned.

Item #3: Running for Office. In 1951, Evita set her sights on earning a place on the ballot as a candidate for vice-president. In fact, she was encouraged by everyone. Sound familiar?? Like Hillary, Evita soon received the nation's support. Yet, eventually declined the nomination. (uh oh...)

I will concede for a brief moment and admit that Evita was probably better liked than Hillary Clinton. That being said, I'm confident Hillz has the sure-fire determination, iron fist, and political knowledge to run the White House. Yet the question remains: Like Evita, can Hillary prove to be the electable candidate as well as the "Spiritual Leader of the Nation"?

Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Lorenzo said...

I will cry for you Argenmerica if she does not win!!