Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My REAL Friends

Los Angeles. The land of the perpetual celebrity encounter. I figured moving to the heart of the entertainment industry, I would get my inevitable fair share of star sightings. Celebs flock to every restaurant, grocery store, and clothing boutique throughout the city. Apparently my church is no exception (even multi-millionaire actors need prayer). Just this past year I've seen Vanessa Williams, Martin Short, the hot guy from Love Actually, and the Governor himself. However, nothing on Earth could prepare me for my current encounter.

Let's start from the very beginning. After work, I was invited to dinner at one of West Hollywood's most happening gay Mexican Cafes (because there are so many of them...). Beforehand, I thought I'd get in the MexiCAN mood with not one, not two, but three margaritas. Anyways, as we got down to fajita business, guess who I spot... Monica Gellar herself (Courtney Cox Arquette!). I let it slide at first (I'm not a person who interrupts people at dinner or cocktail hour). However, I couldn't let this opportunity whither and die.

Thanks to margarita number four, I calmly approached her only to discover that David Arquette had joined her. I didn't want to be fan-boy, so I simply apologized for interrupting their evening, acknowledged that I loved their work (hello! Friends AND Scream!), and they both graciously shook my hand.

This may all seem mediocre (at best) since we all can agree that they're just people. However, I'm not sure you understand how die-hard a Friends fan I am. I know the episodes forwards and backwards and can quote the show on a whim. Courtney Cox made my night. Now I just have five more Friends to go...

X Courtney Cox
Matthew Perry
Lisa Kudrow
David Schwimmer
Jennifer Anniston
Matt LeBlanc

No comments: