Tuesday, November 11, 2008

New York City: Day 2

For most people in this day and age, Halloween eve consists of piles of candy, a myriad of pricey costume possibilities, and overly-congested bars filled with inebriated slutty cats. For me, however, Halloween this year was so much more than that. On day two of my New York Vacay 2008, my posse and I hit the streets of Manhattan decked out in our festive garb. Let me preface this post by admitting that I'm not much of a Halloween fiend. In fact, I'd much prefer a quiet night at home with roasted popcorn seeds and Hocus Pocus.

Anyways, bright and early, Monica and I braved the morning subway in full costume to attend the Halloween taping of Regis and Kelly. Let me just tell you... apart from having to hike through New York City dressed as a scarecrow (so embarrassing), the turn-out was incredible! The block surrounding the Regis and Kelly studio was utter mayhem. Seriously, it looked as though Halloween threw up... People went hog-wild with their costumes. It made my sad, little scarecrow costume look like a hand-me-down from Goodwill.

Upon entering the studio, I noticed how compressed everything was. Television sure does wonders for size (that's what she said). Despite the fact that the entire show was pre-taped (except for two segments with the co-hosts), the show was quite entertaining. I mostly credit Sammy Davis Jr. and Frank Sinatra for the laughs (no offense Regis....) Anyway, to nobody's surprise, the ladies dressed as a freakin' roller coaster won first place. However, I'm certain I actually won the bigger prize... Kelly Rippa turned to me and said, "you look fierce". If that isn't the ultimate compliment, I don't know what is...

The night, on the other hand, was total debauchery. Without any hesitation, The Wizard of OZ gang attempted to walk the Greenwich Village Halloween parade. Mind you, this wasn't merely a simple gathering of people. This parade consisted of thousands and thousands of costume wearing whores and their "better halves". Including everything from Joe the Plumber to about three-hundred Jokers (I'm sure Heath Ledger's looking down thinking, "Seriously people? Be a little bit more fucking creative.") Anyways, if it weren't for my costume accessories -- vodka and tequila -- I'd have gone completely insane.

The rest of the night is still kind of a blur. I assure you, good times were had. Though, it's still difficult to pinpoint whether we got kicked out of the bar before or after Jessi dropped a bottle of Perrier and continued to drink from it...

No comments: