Friday, November 14, 2008

New York City: Day 5

I'm not much of a traveler.  In fact, I can probably count the places I've visited on one hand.   I'm embarrassed to admit I've never even traveled internationally.... I don't even own a passport!  Therefore, New York was more than just a mere vacation.  It was actually a life experience.   Although I've visited the Big Apple before,  I can honestly say I never grow tired of its culture.  The people, history, and architecture are awe-inspiring and I can definitely guarantee residency in the future.  

Anyways, the last day of New York Vacay 2008 ended as memorable as it began.  After visiting tourist must-sees like the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, and Little Italy (The food there was fantastic... thanks to our new friend Tony "Soprano"), we dressed to the nines, threw caution to the wind, and painted the town red.  

We grabbed dinner at an ultra-touristy restaurant where the food was expensive and the waiters busted out in song.  At first, the performances were  entertaining (it was homo-palooza in there).  However, after a failed attempt of Defying Gravity, I had just about enough.  We stuffed the $20 veggie burgers in our mouths, threw down our "hard earned" cash, and booked it to see the amazingly brilliant musical In the Heights.

It goes without saying that this experience was undeniably memorable.  The itinerary was filled with surreal opportunities, spectacular sites, and also a drink or two...  However, what really made this vacation great were the people I spent it with.  Monica, Lisa, Jessi, and Sarah have always been fantastic amigos (and even better accessories).  They're continuously there for me when the times get tough, they never cease to make me laugh, and to be able to have this opportunity to share such a spectacular city with them... well, that was just fabulous. 

That being said, I have one final message for my estranged lover named New York... we shared a beautiful week together and you did not disappoint me.  You made me feel complete (and, at times, confused)  But, alas, I must bid you farewell.  Adieu my love.  I take comfort that this isn't a permanent goodbye, but a brief 'until later'.  I promise you.... you have not seen the last of me! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"$20 for a hamburger. Oh, that's reasonable." I loved having you here and we can't wait until you come back. And by 'we', I mean me and New York.
Loves you!!!
~mons