Monday, February 11, 2008

Heart Race to the White House

I can distinctly remember the good ole' days when Politics was merely an apparition brought upon by a couple of geriatrics (eventually chiseled onto a mungo mountain). You know, when history class taught us the grueling significance of the declaration of independence and our four fathers (George Washington...and some other guys). Yet, never did I think I would be voluntarily interested in Politics. Until, however, this pesky little Presidential race began. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton (or more widely known as the first potential black president or woman president) have become instant celebrities. I half-expect the paparazzi to snap unsightly photographs of the candidates (all of which would subsequently end up on P. Hilton's websites with fake jizz on their lip).

Anyways, it's quite amusing. Not too long ago, two of our most notorious fictionalized Presidents graced the boob tube mirroring an uncanny representation of Hillz and B-Rack. Ironically, I was a huge fan of 24 and Commander in Chief (a slight edge given to the heart-pounding drama of 24) . Suddenly, what many thought to be purely fictional, now can possibly be a reality. Who knew such a culturally influential year could make government so delightfully intriguing.

Now, Politics has suddenly entered every aspect of my daily life. I find myself regularly drawn to CNN, C-SPAN, and (gasp!) talk radio! My morning cartoons have transitioned to the Today Show and I actually have begun reading the LA Times regularly (ick)! I'm a hop, skip, and some Bengay away from full-fledged adulthood. All that's missing is some guacamole and a proposition from AARP, and I got myself a partay.

2 comments:

Lorenzo said...

Don't forget the Depends!

Anonymous said...

This is great!! haha... two of my favorite TV show characters and my two fav candidates!