Saturday, February 23, 2008

Oscar Post


Forget Christmas, Oscar season is the happiest time of the year.  With a fantastic film line-up and note-worthy performances, we have approached the weekend of all weekends.  The Superbowl of filmmaking.  The award shows that make every other awards telecast look like the People's Choice Awards (Oh stop, the shows ghastly).  The Academy Awards are here, and after a brief moment of nonexistence (due to the lovely Writers Strike), they're happening TOMORROW.  

As of now, I have my picks of who I think are gonna win (do you have yours?), but I'm mostly interested in the fashion aspect around the corner (Everyone and their Uncle Joes are laying down their lists).  Fashion-wise, I can almost predict the inevitable.  Of the Best Actresses, Julie Christie will sport a heinous ensemble.  Cate Blancett and Laura Linney will look divine.  Ellen Page will look awkward as usual (God bless her heart).  However, I'm predicting the Best Dressed female will go to, none other, than Marion Cotillard.  

Mark my words, she's gonna rock it. 

No comments: