Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A LIFE Less Ordinary

What better way to spend a rather dreary Sunday night than to play the game of LIFE with my amigo-chums. I use the word 'dreary' specifically only because I was still nursing a horrific hangover (damn you orange juice and vodka....times 3!). Anyways, wouldn't it be peachy if the game of LIFE correlated with your actual life. Take for instance, Sunday night's primo wicked "life". I was a successful novelist, living in a Hugh Heffingnormous mansion, and married to Brad Pitt. (Hey, it's my fictitious life!) Anywho, throughout my thirty-year span, Brad and I had three children named Snoop Dog, Meleike, and Shantashayshay. These names were courtesy of my roommates (we all put names in a cup, and I happen to draw the most, um, unique). In any case, I thought the names reflected well with me and my hubby's cultural-seeking, manic-adopting, ethnic-baby-obsessing personalities. Well....his atleast.

Through the thick of the board-game storm, I began to question the details within my own life. If the life I covet - filled with scolding bosses, coffee runs, and shameful casting couch excursions - is actually worth it. Okay okay, I'm totally kidding - I don't make coffee runs. Alas, I'll just have to wait. Patiently wait. And in the mean time be left with the sheer hope that a Brad-filled, mansion-living, highly successful life is, in due time, possible.

With a little Shantashayshay on the side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ordinary? your life? yes... i concur. brad pitt? huge mansion? no. :)-