Monday, February 4, 2008

Sin City?

There's something about gambling and God that go so well together. Last Saturday, I attempted to try my luck (or lack thereof) at my Church's Texas Hold'em Tournament. That's right ladies and gents, my Church hosts poker tournaments! Where else can a guy put up his Sunday tithings? I kid I kid. Contrary to popular belief, no money was actually exchanged and we did not use the body of Christ (i.e. the yummy wafers) as poker chips. Instead, we played for raffle tickets. Oh I know. I'm très cool.

Anyways, I really hate to brag, but I'm awesome. That evening, I put on my best poker face and went in guns blazing. Actually, I played the 'but-I'm-new-to-this-game' card. I know, God will smite me. In the end, however, my luck diminished and I placed a staggering 5th place (out of 30, mind you). From that moment on, I decided to become the trophy wife to my new-found friend Gwendoline (a.k.a. Desperate Housewives' housemaid hussy). I was the Posh to her David - my poker face was replaced by a pouting one. To no avail, she didn't win, but did take home the silver.

The night ended with the much-anticipated raffle drawing. My luck must have carried over, because I actually won the Hasbro hit electronic game Catch Phrase! So...do I have any takers???

1 comment:

Lorenzo said...

Does Jesus condone gambling?