Friday, February 1, 2008

Through the Looking Glass

This writer's strike has given me a red rump lately. No, not because my fave shows have gone M.I.A. (But now that you mention it, I wonder what Meredith and McDreamy are up to....) Anyways, living in and around Los Angeles through the WGA storm, I've yet to see any actual evidence of a strike.* Eighty-six days in, and it's still all smoke and mirrors if you ask me. It's dissapointing. I wanna see picket lines! You know, crowds of scripters carrying burning torches and tossing their failed screenplays into bonfires. Where are the writer riots??! I half-expected Akiva Goldsman to smash through a Paramount window with an Olivetti-Royal Premier Plus Typewriter. Nope. Nuthin'.

Alas, the reality is that the strike isn't an illusion. I have friends who were unfortunately fired from their jobs this past week. Now, who knows what the future holds for them. They may have to start selling meth. Or perhaps begin turning tricks on Miracle Mile. Or even (dare I say it) work in reality television! Ugh, the mere thought of that makes my skin shiver. Let's just hope, for their sake, it's resolved soon.

...Oh, who am I kidding. I miss McDreamy!

*The picture above is courtesy of my friend Yaniv. I have no idea where he ran into this. I personally think he staged it.

1 comment:

Lorenzo said...

Sadly when I do see the strikers at the CBS lot, I say yay they are striking today! I have not felt the need to honk just yet, maybe its cause I am convulsions from not having my SHOWS!!