Thursday, January 24, 2008

This Blows

Through the wake of all my car problems, it seemed only fitting to encounter yet another one. On the way home last night, through the heavy rain pour, I attempted to protect my blog-writing, Diablo-loving life by racing through the storm as quickly as possible.

...fine. Okay, I admit, American Idol was just about to start.

Anyways, talk about a case of karmic retribution! The tire of my putrid-smelling car rental blew on the 405 freeway. Immediately, I resorted to my Bo Duke driving skills. *don't slam on the brakes. don't slam on the brakes.*

Then, I was fortunate enough to pull off the freeway and into a run-down gas station. However, the damn gass attendants brushed me off when I asked for tire-changin' help! I was a stranded bastard somewhere between a dark alley and The Crip's hang out. I scanned the lot for any approachable Samaritans, and spotted mini-Bill Gates in a silver Mercedes. As I moved forth, he and I exchanged glances. I'm pretty sure he feared me. Yes, all 125 pounds of me. Thankfully, another kind sir intervened and assisted in my tire-change. After an hour of dodging bullets and avoiding muggings, I was on my way home (finally!).

Now, after surviving my near-death experience, I get to drive around in Jethro's run-down station wagon with a nasty-ass spare tire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh how you didnt die is beyond me!!

glad youre alive, mate!

~n

Anonymous said...

Lemme get this straight. First your car gets wrecked. Then you get a shittier one that smells. THEN you lose it in a parking garage for a few hours. and THEN you get a flat tire??? You have the WORST luck with cars.

E Dot said...

ugh, i know. Please don't talk to me about it :(